7.07.2010

Best In Class: Clojure vs Ruby & Scala - Transient Newsgroups

Best In Class: Clojure vs Ruby & Scala - Transient Newsgroups

This was great. I keep seeing so many reasons that Clojure is awesome. It's no wonder the language is growing so fast. I want to take this approach, but instead of searching the file contents, I want to display all images in a directory in chronological order inside of a web interface. So I can run something like this:

clj slideshow.clj "/path/to/my/photos"

then visit the directory's url http://localhost:8080/photos (photos being the dirname from above) to see an ordered slideshow of my images with some neat jquery effects. The best part about the jquery is that the images are housed locally, so they should load extra fast, making the effects run smoothly. In fact, rather than a command line argument it could just launch the server with a page that asks for the path of the photos directory.

anyway, that's what i'm going to try before jumping right into an official work project as my first clojure application.

No comments:

Post a Comment